Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Week That Was




I know that you, my beloved readers, have anxiously been awaiting another installment from my blog. Without further ado, here it is:


Surprise of the Week
The biggest surprise of my week happened Wednesday night in Independence, Missouri. I attended the Kelly Clarkson concert at the (strong) urging of my wife. She really rocked it! Ms. Clarkson, that is (although my wife knows how to rock it too!). The lady can clearly sing, and the whole atmosphere was positive and uplifting. Ms. Clarkson was not up there urging the audience to defy authority, or slamming politicians or other public servants. Kudos to Ms. Clarkson and her band for putting on a good show. Especially awesome for my wife and daughter was when Ms. Clarkson wandered out into the audience, giving my wife and daughter an opportunity to see Ms. Clarkson up very close.


Tablet or Reader?

I have decided that I need to upgrade my technology a bit and have been looking at readers. Do I want to go with a reader like the Kindle or Nook? How versatile are these machines? Or a tablet such as the iPad? I figure I just want to read books. I have a laptop and a desktop to surf the Internet, email, etc... I have an iPod to listen to music, either on walks or in the car. Seems like I want the reader, but looking for other perspectives that I might be missing. Also, as an aside, are 4G phones worth it yet? And if so, which one is the best?


Home Opener
This week is the home opener for the SM East freshman team against the Olathe Northwest Ravens. I know that high school freshman football does not even begin to compare to the NFL or D-1 college ball. But there is little else I enjoy more than watching my kids play their sports and seeing their talent develop. Few things in life are more rewarding than watching your child take up a passion, whether it is dance, theater, music, athletics, etc..., and watching their talent grow. I want so much to see my children's dreams come true. I think this may be why I enjoy his games so much. And perhaps the dawning realization that this is a chapter in my life where the sun is setting. So, this week, I get to see Jeff wear his black jersey (which he says looks much cooler than the white jersey) to school for the first time on Wednesday. Go Lancers! And Go #18!


Until next time...take care!

No comments: